The new Rottler HP7A Cylinder Honing Machine employs the latest technology available for today’s engine builder. The bright, user friendly, full color 10" (254mm) Windows Touch Screen Control makes honing faster, easier and more accurate than ever before.
Rottler Manufacturing continues a lasting tradition of introducing state of the art machine shop equipment for the engine builder. Quality, service, and technical support is built into every Rottler machine.
The bottom line is greater control and efficiency with increased profits for today’s machine shop.
Rottler has been dedicated to the Engine Rebuilding industry since 1923 and has produced computer controlled machinery since the 1980s. We've used these years of experience combined with dedicated R&D and precision engineering to bring you the most advanced, easy to learn and operate touch screen controls available on the market today and into the future. This is the new standard in Diamond Honing.
The new Rottler HP7A control is the result of feed back from the market place of what is required and development by our team of technical and electronic experts. The new control is easy to understand and simple to use. The control handles a wide variety of precision bore finishing work - from automotive and diesel blocks to motorcycle, outboard marine, snowmobile, airplane, and industrial applications.
With memory to store each job, operators can save programs to go back to without needing to re-enter any parameters. All settings for each block are saved under fully customized names for instant recall. Select any saved program from the startup screen and you're ready to start honing. This improves quality and consistency of the end users finished product.
The HP7A Stroking System changes direction instantly at top and bottom providing consistent cross hatch from the top to the bottom of the bore. Automatic Cross Hatch is simple to understand, automatically obtains any desired cross hatch angle and self adjusts automatically. There is no manual calculating. The Automatic Cross Hatch system is solution capable, simply enter the angle and the computer will maintain the angle from top to bottom of the cylinder.
The Key Features
There are several important features of the new Rottler HP7A computerized control which account for substantial improvements in accuracy and productivity.
- The digital bore profile display projects an exact profile of the bore during honing.
- The computer senses any taper and automatically dwells or short strokes - automatically correcting the tight area.
- Two stage roughing and finishing cycle allows fast stock removal for roughing and light loads for finishing for productive and accurate cycles.
- Infinitely variable hone head RPM allows high speeds for roughing and a slower speed for finishing giving the desired cross hatch angle and surface finish.
- The finishing cycle operates much like a "spark out" system where there is very light stone load eliminating any distortion and resulting in accurate bore geometry and consistent surface finish.
- Automatic Plateau Mode holds the stones at a preset load and counts down the number of strokes so that each cylinder has the same plateau surface finish.
- Manual controls are available on the touch screen for fine adjusting settings during automatic cycles and R&D.